How To Join / Membership
We think you will appreciate the value and benefits of CBI Federal Credit Union. Why use a credit union? You might say low rates on loans and low fees for services, and you’re right. These features do make credit unions unique. However, the most important difference is: YOU own your credit union!
Becoming a member is the first step to taking advantage of the benefits that CBI FCU provides.
Membership in the CBI Federal Credit Union is open to all permanent employees of CB&I Company, their wholly owned subsidiaries including Lutech Resources employees on CB&I jobsites, except Foreign Nationals in Foreign locations.
How do I open my account with CBI FCU?
You can complete your application by the following:
- In Person - Simply visit our branch and we will gladly guide you through the membership application process. All applications are subject to verification of eligibility
- By Mail - Print a membership application, complete, sign and mail it to us at the address below. Also enclose a check or money order (made payable to CBI FCU) for your initial deposit, and a copy of your valid picture ID. Your application will be subject verification. Mail your application package to:
CBI Federal Credit Union
13717 S. Route 30, Unit 157
Plainfield, IL 60544
To complete the qualification and account opening process, you’ll be required to:
- Provide your address, contact information and Social Security Number
- Determine how you qualify for membership
- Copy of your Driver’s License, State-Issued ID or Passport
- Fund your new savings account with a minimum of $25.00
If you are uncertain whether you are eligible to join CBI FCU, please contact us at 800-699-5417.
Member Identification Program Disclosure
According to the Federal Trade Commission, identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the country.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal Law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask you for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents, and make a copy fo the document verified for our records.
Immediate Family & Household Members
We invite you to join if you are a member of the immediate family or in the household of someone who is employed by or organization within our field of membership.
Our policy defines, “immediate family member as a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent or grandchild. This includes stepchildren and step siblings. “Members of the household include “persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
Maintain Membership Even When You Move
Once you become a CBI FCU member, you can remain a member for life. If you change jobs, move or retire, you can still enjoy the benefits of CBI Federal Credit Union membership. We even make it easy to manage your money from a distance by allowing you to make transactions by mail, online, phone or fax.
"Once a Member, Always a Member!”