CBI FCU wire transfer service allows you to send and receive guaranteed funds to companies or individuals around the world. To initiate a new wire, you will need to complete a Wire Transfer Agreement; which will be kept on file and when our staff receives a request we will then perform a call back to verify your identity before any funds are disbursed out of your CBI account. (View Our Fee Schedule). Any of the CBI staff can assist you with filling out any of the Wire Transfer forms.
It is very important to contact the receiving institution and obtain detailed instructions. To send money by wire transfer, you will need:
Originator Information: (Sender of Funds)
- Your Name, account number, address and phone
- Amount of Wire
- Financial Institution name and address
- ABA Routing/Transit Number of the Receiving Financial Institution
Beneficiary Information (Receiver of Funds)
- Full Name (as it appears on the account), account number and address
- Originator to beneficiary information
- If the beneficiary is a Title or Mortgage Company please include of the following: Escrow or mortgage number, name listed on account with the Title or Mortgage company, or property address
- If the beneficiary is a company, please include specific information under this section such as name and account number so the receiving company knows where to post your funds
- Financial Institution to Financial Institution information (fill in any other required information you would like to provide.
Additional Information: If you would like the funds to go to a specific sub-account (savings, checking) provide this information as well. If no specific account is listed on the incoming wire, the funds will be credited to your checking account. If you do not have a checking account, your funds will be placed into your savings account.
CBI Federal Credit Union sends domestic wire transfers through our corporate credit union. Once the transfer has been sent, it is up to the receiving financial institution to credit the appropriate account.
Outgoing Wire Cutoff Times:
All outgoing wire requests received at CBI FCU branch before 2:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday will be processed the same day as long as all required areas are filled out completely. Wire requests submitted after the 2:00 p.m. cutoff on Friday will be processed the following Monday, unless it's a holiday. Wires are not processed on weekends or Federal Reserve Holidays.