The CBI Federal Credit Union has partnered with Zix Corp, an industry leader in security technology, in order to establish a method of exchange secured email between the credit union and its members. This gives us a method of receiving sensitive emails and documents from members without the data residing on a non-secured 3rd party email system.
CBI Federal Credit Union Secure Email User Awareness Program
The privacy of business communication is important to CBI Federal Credit Union and we want to ensure your information stays private.
To communicate sensitive information with CBI FCU (such as account numbers, Social Security Numbers, passwords or pins, credit/debit card numbers), please use our secure email service. Regular email is not a secure way to send confidential information.
To protect consumer data and comply with improved best practice standards, all email communication you receive from CBI FCU containing personally identifiable financial information takes advantage of ZixCorp encryption services. ZixCorp's easy-to-use e-messaging protection makes it easy for you to receive, read and reply to all our encrypted communications.
Secure messaging ensures against credit card fraud and consumer identity theft. It's also an effective way to conduct financial business.
How Do I Send the Credit Union a Secured Message?
If you have never used this portal, you will want to click on "REGISTER" to create an account.
- Fill in your email address (can be an email address from any provider) and choose a password (following the password rules on the page) and continue to follow the instructions as prompted.
- Once you are logged in, you will see four tabs. INBOX, COMPOSE, SENT and DRAFTS. To send a document choose COMPOSE if you are uploading/sending the credit union information.
- To attach the document click the "Attach File" located directly under the Compose tab. Browse to the file location on your computer and select the file you want to upload. After selecting your document, please make sure to click the "Add File" button. If you have multiple files to upload, please continue the process until all files are listed in the attachment box. When you are satisfied all files are attached click on the "Finish" button to fully upload the email. (You may attach as many as 10 files, up to a total of 15mb.)
- Using the drop-down menu in the "TO" field please select the best option on whom to send the document to.
Receiving Secure Email
When you receive a secure email from CBI FCU, it resides on our secure email system. Follow the instructions and log in with your password to read and respond to your email. Remember to logout.
- Forgot Password/Password Reset- Click the "Reset" button in the "Forgot your password" area. You will be prompted to enter your email address and enter a new password. You will then receive a confirmation email that a contains a link to activate your password.
- Locked Out- If you have three consecutive sign in failures you will be locked out for a period of a half an hour. You can reset your password immediately if you choose not to wait the half hour.
Learn more about CBI FCU’s ZixCorp secure email system at www.uapguide.com/cbi-federal-credit-union/customer/introduction.