CBI FCU wire transfer service allows you to send and receive guaranteed funds to companies or individuals around the world. To initiate a new wire, you will need to complete a Wire Transfer Agreement; which will be kept on file and when our staff receives a request we will then perform a call back to verify your identity for before any funds are disbursed out of your CBI account. (View Our Fee Schedule). Any of the CBI staff can assist you with filing out any of the Wire Transfer forms.
It is very important to contact the receiving institution and obtain detailed instructions on sending funds to a FOREIGN account. To send a foreign wire you may need to collect some or all the following information:
Originator Information: (Sender of Funds)
- Your Name, account number, address, phone
- Amount of Wire in U.S. dollars or foreign currency
- Name and Address of the Financial Institution to receive funds plus phone number
- Required codes SWIFT Number, Sort Code, Routing Number, Bank Code or IBAN
- ABA Routing/Transit Number of the Receiving Financial Institution
Beneficiary Information (Receiver of Funds)
- Full Name (as it appears on the account), account number, address, and province or region
- Date of Birth
- Financial Institution the funds are being routed or payable through
- Wire purpose
- Branch Information
- Originator to beneficiary information
Once the funds leave the US Banking system and are out of the country, CBI FCU does not have control over the process. Depending on the sophistication of the banking system of that country it is being sent to, it can take anywhere from two days to maybe weeks before it is credited to the account in the foreign country.
Outgoing Wire Cutoff Times:
All outgoing wire requests received at CBI FCU branch before 2:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday will be processed the same day as long as all required areas are filled out completely. Wire requests submitted after the 2:00 p.m. cutoff on Friday will be processed the following Monday, unless it's a holiday. Wires are not processed on weekends or Federal Reserve Holidays.